Welcome to AlamoCityTimes.com (the “Service”)! By using AlamoCityTimes.com (the “Service”), you (“You”) accept and agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”).
This site operates as a community news service. The site was created and is owned by AlamoCityTimes.com a community journalism project of espiMedia.com’s The espiMedia. JLab 501 (c)(3) pending
Please contact us at http://www.alamocitytimes.com/contact if you have any questions regarding these Terms of Service.
Terms of Service Summary Index [please read full terms of service]
3. Content: Operators may delete any content that, in their sole judgment, violates these Terms of Service or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. All contact provided by You is subject to the Creative Commons license found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/
Please keep in mind that the Operators may, in their sole discretion, modify these Terms of Service from time to time and such modifications shall be effective upon being posted on the AlamoCityTimes.com website at http://www.alamocitytimes.com
You agree to be bound to any changes to these Terms of Service when You use the Service after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that You review these Terms of Service regularly to ensure you are updated on any changes and your use of the Service is in compliance with these Terms of Service.
1. Description of Service –
The Service consists of a set of tools that allows You to view and contribute news stories and related content. You agree that the Service is provided to you on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, and no representations are or have been made to You with regard to the reliability, availability, performance or security of the Service.
2. Appropriate Conduct and Prohibited Uses –
The Operators have no duty to investigate or monitor the content posted by users of the Service, it reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in the Operators’ sole discretion, violates the Terms of Service, including removing the offending content from the Service and/or terminating your account. You agree that when using the Service, You will not use or allow your account to be used for any illegal or prohibited content, which includes, but is not limited to, content that:
3. Content Posted –
- By using the Service, You represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) all information you post on the Service is to your knowledge truthful and accurate; (c) You own the content posted by you on or through the Service or otherwise have the right to grant the license with respect to such content noted below; (d) the posting of your content through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person; (e) your use of the Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation; (f) You will not engage in any illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Service, including the collection of user-names or contact information for the purpose of sending unsolicited mail/email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Service; (g) except for content posted by You, You will not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display or sell any content appearing on or through the Service, except as specifically allowed through the Share and embedding tools made available by the Service; and (h) any content shared or embedded from the Service by You will use the original embedded player, if applicable, and attributed by name and url to alamocitytimes.com
- The Operators reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and with no liability to You. Modifications could include changes to functionality that would be noticeable to You. These Terms of Service may be updated at our discretion from time to time without notice to You, which modifications shall be applicable to You upon using the Service after such modifications have been posted to the Service. If a modification is unacceptable to You, your only recourse is to discontinue your use of the Service.
6. Refusal of Service –
The Operators reserve the right to restrict, refuse, cancel, or suspend Service to You at our sole discretion, and to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by You, or to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Service, at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without any liability. The Operators expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend or terminate your access to any part of the Service, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you pose a threat to the Operators and/or our other users. The Operators do not warrant or guarantee your anonymity.
7. Add-on Services and Features –
The Operators reserve the right to offer new features of the Service that may require additional fees or other consideration for participation.
8. Advertising – Sponsorships
The Service may display advertising to provide financial support for the site. The Operators do not endorse, recommend, evaluate, or guarantee any service, product, or other message contained in advertising displayed via the Service. The Operators reserve the right to, and in their sole discretion may, at any time, review, edit, reject, modify, or remove any advertisement.
9. Advertisers – Sponsors
The Service includes tools that allows You, or others on your behalf, (“Advertiser”) to place advertisements within the content of the Service.
Any Advertiser placing an advertisement on the site agrees that:
10. Advertising Revenue Sharing - The Owner may, in their sole discretion, offer You the opportunity to participate in revenue sharing for advertising displayed on the detail pages of content contributed to the Service by You. The percent of such revenue sharing is determined by the Owner. AlamoCityTimes.com agrees to hold such revenue in an internal account and distribute it to You on a monthly basis for any amount in excess of $50, calculated daily according to the terms defined by the Owner on the day such advertising was displayed. AlamoCityTimes.com is not obligated to provide interest or other consideration on funds held for You in any internal account. If You are offered and elect to participate in revenue sharing, You agree that the precise algorithms, accounting, and other data used in the Service to determine payment is proprietary to AlamoCityTimes.com and not available for review by You or any other third party. You further agree to be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, or withholding requirements of advertising revenue distributed to You through the Service.
11. Limitation of Liability –
NEITHER AlamoCityTimes.com, espiMedia.com. The espiMedia JLab, NOR ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS TO THIS SITE, NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE SHALL IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNATIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF AlamoCityTimes.com HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, NEITHER AlamoCityTimes.com NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMED DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE SERVICE BEING UNAVAILABLE FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, OR RESULTING FROM THE CORRUPTION, DELETION OR ALLEGED MISUSE OF ANY DATA OR CONTENT STORED IN AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE BY THE SERVICE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, AlamoCityTimes.com’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO AlamoCityTimes.com DURING THE TERM FOR THE SERVICE.
12. Limitations of Warranty –
You agree that the use of the Service is at your own risk. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, neither the Operators nor any other person or entity involved in creating, producing or delivery the Service makes any guarantees of the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of any information or content connected with the Service, or is responsible for: (a) any errors or omissions arising from the use of such information or content; (b) any failures, delays, deletions, defect or interruptions in the reliability, delivery, availability, operation, transmission, or performance of any content or Service; (c) any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, any user communication or posting; (d) losses or damages arising from the use of the content or Service or the security thereof; (e) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Service or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to You or any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Service; (f) any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Service, attendance at an event hosted by the Operators, from any content posted on or through the Service, or from the conduct of any user of the Service, whether online or offline; (g) any actual or perceived loss, impugnment, opportunity cost or similar claimed damage in connection with or as a result of the Service being categorized in a certain manner by the Operators or included in a location on the Service or otherwise with which You do not agree, including being grouped with other submissions the title, content or any other aspect of which the You find objectionable; (h) the opinions expressed through the Service or the sites of any other user; (i) the inclusion of any linked website on the Service, which inclusion does not imply any approval or endorsement of such linked site; or (j) any third party advertisements which are posted on the Service.
13. AlamoCityTimes.com’s Intellectual Property Rights –
You acknowledge that AlamoCityTimes.com owns all right, title, and interest in and to the Service, including all intellectual property rights. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or create derivative works of the Service. In addition, You agree that any ideas, suggestions, or proposals submitted to AlamoCityTimes.com automatically become the property of AlamoCityTimes.com without any obligation or consideration to You.
14. Your Intellectual Property Rights –
The Operators claim no ownership rights in any content or data submitted to the Service other than the license provided herein. You retain all copyright to any content submitted to the Service according to your own standards and policies, and continue to have the right to use your content in any way You choose. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing any person by reason of any content posted by You. By displaying, publishing or making content available through the Service, You grant the Operators a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to use, modify, reproduce, publish, publicly display and distribute such content on the Service and other locations for the purpose of promoting and distributing the services and products of AlamoCityTimes.com, AlamoCityTimes.com’s third-party partners, the Operators, the Service or the Owner. This license does not grant the Operators the right to sell your content.
15. Copyright Policy –
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is AlamoCityTimes.com’s policy to terminate the Service of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to AlamoCityTimes.com by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if You believe that your work has been copied and posted on through the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information at http://www.instantjournalist.com/contact Attn: Copyright Representative: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed; (iii) a description and URL of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the Service; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
16. Indemnity –
You agree to indemnify and hold AlamoCityTimes.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, agents, members, shareholders, partners, employees and representatives, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of these Terms of Service and/or arising from any breach of these Terms of Service and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any content that You post through the Service causes AlamoCityTimes.com to in any manner be liable to another.
17. Disputes –
You agree that any dispute about or involving the Service will be governed by the laws of the State of TEXAS, USA, without regard to conflict of law principles and You agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of Texas, City of San Antonio. AlamoCityTimes.com may require that any dispute between AlamoCityTimes.com and you about or involving the Service must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in San Antonio, Texas, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent AlamoCityTimes.com from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
18. Miscellaneous –
These Terms of Service are accepted by You upon your use of the Service, and reaffirmed each time you log in to the Service. ACTimes, ACTimes Now Camp, SANewsWire, IdoNews, nuzGeeks, SAiMediaCrew are trademarks of AlamoCityTimes.com, own and operated by The espiMedia Jlab 501(c)(3) pending.These Terms of Service and constitute the entire agreement between You and The Operators regarding the use of the Service. The failure of The Operators to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. These Terms of Service operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of these Terms of Service is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from these Terms of Service and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
BY REGISTERING AND USING AlamoCityTimes.com I HAVE READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND AGREE TO ALL THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED THEREIN.
*Fair Use Notice: This website contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this website is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this website for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.